Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

THE BEST OF ANAMBRA HOME AND ABROAD WILL BE IN MY GOVT...ANDY UBA

I will engage a first class team of Anambrarians from home and abroad to uphold the state and I will establish a Diaspora desk on day one in office for that purpose.”
ANDY UBA

GOVERNORSHIP candidate of Labour Party (LP) in Anambra State February 6 election, Dr. Andy Uba, has declared in his new year message to Ndi Anambra that happier days are ahead for the people when his party takes over the reigns of governance in Awka and propels the state towards the next level in his first term of office.

Uba says he will not be a governor that lacks so much in vision that he will be returning N10 billion at the end of the fiscal year as a result of under implementing his approved budget, while the state is yawning for development and its citizens taking to crime due to severe unemployment.

According to Uba, “I will create employment and improve workers welfare as Labour Party is my natural political home and in the brief period I served as governor of Anambra State, I increased civil servants salary and was on the verge of announcing a vastly improved welfare package for them.”

Uba said workers will have their pride of place in the state. “I will not indulge in stockpiling Anambra cash for ulterior reasons but will use public funds for public good and not for my personal good under any guise.

I have a burning love and passion for my state and having functioned at the Presidency for eight years, I believe I have enough experience and contacts all over the country and beyond to assist in lifting our state.

“Anambra deserves a governor with an ability to see the bigger picture if you want to build a model state. Awka will wear a new look as a state capital and we deserve no less,” he said, adding: “the task ahead of me is to win the next election fairly and I am building formidable alliances to enable me rescue our state from its current state of budgetary and infrastructural under-performance and visionless drift”.

Speaking about Ojukwu’s plea for the state to vote Obi, Uba said; “I heard that but you also have to remember that the same Ojukwu had predicted last April that the Next Level structure of Emeka Etiaba will produce the next governor.

That Next Level organization is now working hard to ensure my emergence as the next governor so Ikemba’s original prediction will yet come to pass. We all saw that on NTA Newsline when he said that from Next Level office the next governor will emerge.


I believed him then and I believe him now on that prediction. I am a team builder and my record proves this. I will engage a first class team of Anambrarians from home and abroad to uphold the state and I will establish a Diaspora desk on day one in office for that purpose.”

No comments: