Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Isiaka appeals to Ogun State people

My good people of Ogun State,

With a deep sense of humility, I count it a great opportunity to write you all
at this auspicious period when the struggle is on to make Ogun State great. As
we are aware, the elections are ongoing. We have had four out of nine National
Assembly elections on April 9th, 2011, the Presidential election was conducted
two days ago and come the 26th of April, 2011, the Gubernatorial elections will
be held. I remain your beloved son, Prince Gboyega Nasir Isiaka and I humbly
seek your support to become the governor of Ogun State under the Platform of the
Peoples party of Nigeria (PPN).

My people, in the last two years, I have traversed the nook and crannies of Ogun
state. What I have simply done is to tell you all why I am going to the
government house and what I want to do there.

By God’s design, I spent the first
sixteen years of my life in my hometown, Imeko, which gives me a clear
understanding of the desires of the common man. I left thereafter to University
of Ife where I obtained a ‘First Class’ degree in Accounting and an MBA from
University of Lagos. Subsequently, I garnered several professional
qualifications and trainings that includes FCA, ACIS, ACIT, SMP (Lagos Business
School) and Leadership in the 21st Century from Harvard University, USA. I was
an investment banker of repute with over fourteen years of experience.

My wealth of experience was brought to bear on Gateway Holdings Limited; the
investment company of Ogun State that I ran from scratch to become an
institution that contributed to making Ogun State becomes an investment
destination of choice.

I interfaced with every ministry, department and agency
of government which gave me a firsthand understanding of the economy and
governance of Ogun State. With my direct involvement, several investments are
today being promoted in Ogun State and other landmark projects like the Free
Trade Zones, Deep Sea port and Cargo Airport were initiated; suffice it to say I
stand in the best position to consolidate the work on ground and to complete
these revolutionary projects.

Governance is about the scientific management of human beings and available
resources. It is about creating initiatives and opportunities with the people’s
resources by the people’s active participation and for the ultimate benefit of
the people. What drives this is vision, ideas and innovativeness that is based
on relevant experience in the 21st century governance. I am not like regular
politicians that says what they cannot do.

To this end, it took me eight months
of great work to fashion a realistic working blueprint called the “Gateway to
Greatness”. It is built on four strong pillars. One, growing our economy. Two,
providing quality social services. Three, strengthening our people and the
society. Four, energising government and the polity.

Under these pillars, health, education, infrastructure, agriculture, social
services and the economy are well taken care of. For our people in the border
areas, I will create the Border Towns Development Authority, which will
implement a programme I already have for the accelerated integration and
development of areas such as Mowe, Ibafo, Arepo, Magboro, Iseri, Akute among
others.

Likewise, a strong intervention will be given our education such that
there will be a continuous reduction in the burden of educating our children by
parents and this includes an immediate reduction in the school fees of our
tertiary institutions. I beseech us therefore to be wary of whom you will give
your votes to on the 26th of April.

Let us push all selfish, parochial, antagonistic and vindictive sentiments
aside. Some people talk of change in Ogun State and I ask, what change? Change
into mediocrity or change into progress. Reject those whose antecedents are
shady, reject those without verifiable indices of performance in previous
assignments and reject those without a clear plan for you all.
Importantly, I
sincerely appreciate you all for voting for PPN during the National Assembly
elections despite the relative newness of the party. This to us is heartwarming,
encouraging and attests to the popularity of the party.

I further implore us to troop out on the 26th of April, 2011 and vote massively for me and other
candidates of the PPN vying for the House of Assembly seats. The PPN is a party
that represents the liberation of Ogun people into further development,
socio-economic and human progress. All my years, I have never failed in any
assignment and I promise I will not fail Ogun People when given this opportunity
on 26th April.

I love you all and I intend to make Ogun state the Gateway to Greatness in the
next four years. Let us BELIEVE.

Gboyega Nasir Isiaka (GNI)
PPN Gubernatorial Candidate, Ogun State.

No comments: