Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Unscreened Aspirants Allowed To Contest in the APC National Convention





By Okoi Obono-Obla

Contrary To the APC Constitution and Guidelines, in the last national convention of APC, several candidates who failed to present themselves before the Screening Committee that was constituted to ascertain the
suitability of candidates vying for positions in the National Executive Committee were curiously allowed to participate in the National Convention by the Election Committee headed by Alhaji Kawu Baraje it has been alleged. 

See attached petitions By Barr Okoi Obono-Obla:

The Chairman , Appeals Committee, All Progressives Congress, C/o Sokoto State Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja, Nigeria:
New Evidence In Support Of My Amended Petition Against The Declaration Of Hillard Etta As The Winner Of The Election To Fill The Position Of  National Vice-Chairman, South South, At The National Convention Of The All Progressives Congress (APC) Held On The 13th June, 2014 

1.I was duly cleared by the Screening Sub-Committee of the National Convention Committee to contest for the position of National Vice Chairman, South/South in the National Convention of the All Progressives Congress that took place on the 13th June, 2014, at Eagle Square, Abuja.  

2.My opponent was Hilliard Ettah.  

3.Accordingly to the Guidelines for the Election, an aspirant or Candidate must first fill a nomination form and then present himself for screening before the Screening Sub Committee of the National Convention Committee.  

4.I have found that my opponent, Hilliard E Etagbor never presented himself for screening by the Screening Sub Committee.  

5.It follows that I was only person screened and cleared to contest the election to fill the position of National Vice Chairman, South/South.  

6.It stands to reason that the Election Sub Committee ought to have declared me unopposed and hence elected  

7.Curiously despite the fact that my opponent was not screened he was illegally allowed to contest the said election and was declared the winner.
 
8.It goes without saying that my opponent was not eligible to contest the said election.  

9.I therefore in light of the above demand that I should be declared the winner of the said election.   


Yours Sincerely, 

Chief Okoi Obono-Obla 
No. 10 Gimbiya Street, Area 11, Garki
Abuja, Nigeria. 
08031338570
30th June, 2014 





Petition 2. 


The Chairman , Appeals Committee, All Progressives Congress, C/o Sokoto State Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja, Nigeria
 
New Evidence In Support Of My Amended Petition Against The Declaration Of Abubukar Lado Suleja As The Winner Of The Election To Fill The Position Of  Deputy National Treasurer, At The National Convention Of The All Progressives Congress (APC) Held On The 13th June, 2014 

1.I was duly cleared by the Screening Sub-Committee of the National Convention Committee to contest for the position of National Vice Chairman, South/South in the National Convention of the All Progressives Congress that took place on the 13th June, 2014, at Eagle Square, Abuja.  

2.My opponent was Abubukar Lado Suleja. 

3.Accordingly to the Guidelines for the Election, an aspirant or Candidate must first fill a nomination form and then present himself for screening before the Screening Sub Committee of the National Convention Committee.  

4.I have found that my opponent, Abubukar Lado Suleja never presented himself for screening by the Screening Sub Committee.  

5.It follows that I was only person screened and cleared to contest the election to fill the position of Deputy National Treasurer.  

6.It stands to reason that the Election Sub Committee ought to have declared me unopposed and hence elected  

7.Curiously despite the fact that my opponent was not screened he was illegally allowed to contest the said election and was declared the winner.  

8.It goes without saying that my opponent was not eligible to contest the said election.  

9.I therefore in light of the above demand that I should be declared the winner of the said election.  

Yours Sincerely,  

Salihu Yusuf

No comments: