Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2016

OPEN LETTER TO NIGERIAN YOUTHS.






Dear Youths of my Fatherland.
E  A Uzumni

Few hours ago the world marked Africa Youths day. It came and left quietly like any other day. This is because African youths have been shortchanged to the extent that Youthship or Youthism has gone into oblivion.

Youths are of the age bracket between 18 and 35 but for the peculiarity of ours we say 40.

I write you today because i am a victim of wasted youth. I didn't even realise I was a youth then cos there was nothing to remind me that I was a Youth. I am in my early 40s.

The issues Youths seems to be associated with today is kidnapping, thuggery, cultism, drug abuse, rape, violent crime and more. This is not supposed to be.

Youths are used by older generations, octogenarians to perpetrate themselves in Power . Youths are job seekers, victims of broken promises during and after elections. That is where you are as a youth.

I write to remind the Youths that youthfulness is once in a lifetime. Anthony Enahoro utilised his Youth. Chief Obafemi Awolowo did same. Gowon and Muritala Muhammed as well. What went wrong.

Two million jobs were promised Pre elections by PMB, 5 thousand naira stipends was promised as well. Better Health care and Education was promised to forestall human capital flight....today thousand of bodies drown weekly in the Mediterranean sea on their way to seek greener pastures.

Dear Youths . Today more than 29billion dollars is to be procured as loans...MFL. I tag it mortgaging your future loan. What a way to end it all.

Dear Youths. People who were Ministers 35yrs ago are still in power. Military despot who ruled with Iron fist 33yrs ago is still President. A Governor in old Gongola State is talking as leader. A great grand father.

Youths thru the social media were used to remove GEJ and today going by the age definition of youths at 18 to 35 there is no youth in the Federal Executive council. I want to remind our Youths that the prime minister of Canada is less than 34.

Dear youths, I weep in my closet over what has happened but I believe the revolution is now. Cast your burden on creativity and innovation to counter this neo colonialism. Fight for your right.

Wake up from your slumber. Dream no more for dreams are for the aged. Utilise your strenght and capacity by standing up against absolutism. Our youths are so poor that all they know is money.

Wake up and read this letter of yours and do the needful. The man died in the youths many years ago but the dry bones can chart a new direction for....a better tomorrow.

Yours
Barr Eugene Uzum. An Elderly Youth.


No comments: