Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

My friends mocked me for building God’s house first before mine…… Prof. Utuama




The deputy governor of Delta State, His Excellency Prof. Amos Agbe Utuama (SAN) while making his Opening remarks at the fund raising in Support of Catholic Diocese of Warri Conference center project, recalled his friend’s attitude to his contribution to building God’s kingdom on earth.

My friends mocked me back in those days, that I have not built my own personal house but spend my time, resources and energy raising building for the Church, Prof Utuama said.

There is one attitude and response I have always offered in return, which is that on earth there is noting better than to build for the Lord and support the propagation of the lord’s gospel than building houses for self.

Later in life when I was favoured to build my own house, to the glory of the Lord, the house was completed in less than nine months, Prof Utuama said.

The occasion was an Opportunity for Catholic faithfuls, friends and well wishers of the Church  gathered to raise support for the Warri Catholic diocese’s hosting of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference as well as celebrate the diocese’s 50th year of existence.

His Lordship, Most Rev. Dr John Arareha, Bishop, Catholic Diocese of Warri remarked that the diocese has recorded great pastoral strides in enhancing the peoples’ faith and witnessed increased infrastructural gains over the years.

The diocese stand in great need of dynamic and progressive institutional structures to position the Diocese is fit enough to better propergate the Lord’s gospel in a challenging 21st century, Bishop Afareha maintained.

While calling on all well meaning Deltans, members and friends of the Church to support the project with generous contributions & donations, Bishop Afareha said that the Diocese has plans to construct a Civic center that will be used for conferences, meetings, retreats, religious trainings, educational and social events.

No comments: