Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A COUNSEL TO SYCOPHANTS WHOSE GOD IS THEIR BELLY.




Countrymen, I found these scriptures compelling and pertinent counsel against sycophancy and politrickal demagoguery..Apologies to Rosanwo Babatyhae who placed the Bible quote as his comment on Kayode Ogundamaisi's status....

"A vote against GEJ is a vote against GOD. “His coming into the office of the president is through the divine intervention of God and it is only God that can remove him and not us mortals. God put him in that office and anybody or group of persons who attempt to remove him, God will surely punish those behind the evil plot.” Dalhatu Sarki Tafida. Dg Goodluck Campaign Organisation. (Kolomenta.)"



HOLY BIBLE..Psalm 73:1-20.

1 Surely God is good to Israel,

to those who are pure in heart.



2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;

I had nearly lost my foothold.



3 For I envied the arrogant

when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.



4 They have no struggles;

their bodies are healthy and strong.



5 They are free from the burdens common to man;

they are not plagued by human ills.



6 Therefore pride is their necklace;

they clothe themselves with violence.



7 From their callous hearts comes iniquityb;

the evil conceits of their minds know no limits.



8 They scoff, and speak with malice;

in their arrogance they threaten oppression.



9 Their mouths lay claim to heaven,

and their tongues take possession of the earth.



10 Therefore their people turn to them

and drink up waters in abundance.



11 They say, “How can God know?

Does the Most High have knowledge?”



12 This is what the wicked are like—

always carefree, they increase in wealth.



13 Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure;

in vain have I washed my hands in innocence.



14 All day long I have been plagued;

I have been punished every morning.



15 If I had said, “I will speak thus,”

I would have betrayed your children.



16 When I tried to understand all this,

it was oppressive to me



17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;

then I understood their final destiny.



18 Surely you place them on slippery ground;

you cast them down to ruin.



19 How suddenly are they destroyed,

completely swept away by terrors!



20 As a dream when one awakes,

so when you arise, O Lord,

you will despise them as fantasies.



For my Muslim brothers, the following verses of the Holy Koran is instructive.



HOLY KORAN Sura 6 Verse 21 - 23.



21. And who is more unjust than one who invents about Allah a lie or denies His verses?

Indeed, the wrong doers will not succeed.



22. And (mention O Mohammed) the Day We will gather them all together, then We will say to those who associated

others with Allah, "Where are your 'partners' that you used to claim (with Him)?""



23. Then there will be no (excuse upon) examination except they will say,

"By Allah, our Lord, we were not those who associated, ".



HOLY KORAN Sura 17 verse 25-27



25. Your Lord is most knowing of what is within yourselves. If you should be righteous (in intention) -

then indeed He is ever, to the often returning (to Him), Forgiving.



26. And give the relative his right, and (also) the poor and the traveler, and do not spend wastefully.



27. Indeed, the wasteful are brothers of the devils, and ever has Satan been to his Lord ungrateful.



MAY GOD GRANT US THE COURAGE TO WALK RIGHT and the WISDOM TO CHOOSE RIGHT.



It is NIGERIA-NOW.



CHRIS NWAOKOBIA JNR.

08023361983, 08038604312, 08056359127, 01-7756067.







No comments: