Pages

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Please One Minute Silence For A Departed Comrade






Too painful it was and very shocking to read on Facebook about the untimely demise of one of us, High Comrade Ihekaibe Chinyere Ajie, a senior program officer at Lite Africa, Warri.

At Lite Africa, Chiyere gave his very best, served the organization as his own personal organization.
Since I heard about his involvement in the ghastly motor accident, I had always called his mobile number every week, with each call his brother always assured me all was under control and that soon

I will yet see my brother, friend and fellow comrade again.

Few weeks ago, I called his young wife picked the call, I introduced myself, she told me she had being told how I called often and in same manner assured me that my pal is doing well and soon we will meet again to commence what we knew best to do, even, engaging the system on good governance and sustainable development.

What manner of never ending reunion is this, my friend, my brother, my partner in this struggle, just as we were about concluding our first Tranch of program on citizens engagement in good governance, a pilot program for Uvwei and Oshimili South LGAs, with a vision to possibly commence a second phase, why now I recommitted myself to this struggle, why now when you promised to share with me all you learnt to help me facilitate well the I-Follow-The-Money project in Delta State.

Chinyere, this is never the right way to quit this sweet thankless engagement of ours as social development activists.

Surely I will always miss you, your skills, jokes, strong views and passionate seriousness to this craft of sustainable development.

Throughout today, my friend, my brother and my partner, as you choose today to quit honorably, I will today celebrate you and your passion for this thankless engagement in the service of humanity, social justice, good governance, peace and sustainable development.

Rest progressively my friend, my brother & my partner

No wonder

I lost touch at work today

I Love You

Adieu Chinyere Ajie Ihekaibe

REST IN PEACE, MY FRIEND, MY BROTHER, MY PARTNER

No comments: